Don’t let your accomplishment lapse! You don’t want to say, “I used to be an NBCT.”
There are currently two types of renewal opportunities. If you certified before 2012, you will participate in Renewal 1.0. It’s a reflective exercise that makes you proud of what your accomplishments since your initial certification. Those who certified after 2012 will participate in a not-yet-released maintenance of certification.
NBCTs are in high demand to help guide decisions, support accomplished teaching, and drive education reform efforts.
- → Exploring Teacher Leadership
- The California Teachers Association and various California National Board networks periodically offer conferences to showcase teacher leadership opportunities.
- Understanding the Teacher Leadership Competencies Exploring Teacher Leadership-Professional Development resources
- → Jump Start
- We need NBCTs to be trained to lead JumpStart sessions. If interested please complete the survey below.
- → Become a National Board Candidate Facilitator
- As our California networks grow we need trained facilitators to support candidates through the certification process. This could be face-to-face or online support. If interested, please complete the survey below.
Get Involved - Take the Survey
The California National Board Networks includes networks throughout the state with the primary goal of promoting greater understanding about the impact of the National Board Certification for teachers, students, and school systems. Our hope is that by increasing understanding, we can empower more educators to take the lead in doing what’s best for all students.
Please complete this short survey so we can include your voice in our work. You are needed to be part of building the teacher leadership necessary to advance the profession and provide the education that all of California’s students deserve. If you have any questions or ideas about how to better mobilize to reach our goals, please include those on the survey, or indicate in the comments that you would like us to contact you.
When NBCTs continue to make decisions for teaching in alignment with the National Board Body of Knowledge, students benefit significantly.